Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural Rewatch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 am 
Well... Here I Am
Yeah, I was a bit dumbfounded by that but hey, no matter how bad my show is, I´m staying with my boys till the end! :D

nathan, have you started season 11 yet?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:08 am 
Special...ishy
All right just to keep this brief:

Season 11 was probably the best season since Season 8 (and some would argue even before that). It managed to get a good plot balance which 9 and 10 leaned too far in either direction. Also there are some STANDOUT episodes here that will probably make your top list. I'm really excited for nathan and buffyholic to check out one in particular. The only things holding the season back is some let down in writing in the middle compared to the strong first part and the finale being a a disappointment. But overall solid stuff that offers some closure in a lot of places.

Season 12 has been kind of meh so far. I think in combination with the crazy highs of the previous season and the new showrunner things have been a little lacklustre. At this point the main plot points seem a little underdeveloped or underwhelming. But they still got time to give us the goods. And at least there's a guarantee for at least another season. THIRTEEN Y'ALL. Who would have seen that coming.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm 
Well... Here I Am
Are you talking about "Baby" or is there another one who is a hightlight? Just to give you a reminder: I´m on episode 9 "Brother, Where art Thou"".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:19 pm 
Special...ishy
I'm referring to one later on. You'll probably know when you get to it (in about a year I suppose :) ). Though the midseason two-parter is quite solid as well though Baby is the standout of the first part of the season just for it's excellent direction and nice slice of life quality (WEREPIRE). Let's just say it's a whopper.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 pm 
Special...ishy
How DARE you talk about Supernatur....

Wait, is this the Supernatural thread?

Carry on. ;)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 am 
Special...ishy
It's good to see another long standing question in the Supernatural universe get some closure. (When the viewers over here get to the episode in question you'll probably understand).

This and the previous episode were pretty damn solid. Hopefully they can keep up the quality. As I've said before turnarounds are always welcome.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 am 
Well... Here I Am
The Devil is in the Details was a bit weird and disjointed. And that opening scene, what the heck? Is that supposed to be funny? Because I just found out it odd.

This episode just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 am 
Special...ishy
Sorry you felt disappointed. I thought the opening scene was fun and a good way to explain how things ended up going to crap in the previous part. It also apparently made a fun promo for the holiday hellatus.

One thing I definitely liked in that one was that Sam finally got to face up to the Lucifer baggage he's been holding on to all this time and basically say screw him to his face. Good to get some character evolution.

And then of course there is Misha.

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49